How It Works
1. Find a space at your office or near your home that has a little bit of nature going on and schedule 15 minutes to chill out in that area. Once you get there, find a spot to sit and come to your breath by taking a few inhalations and exhalations with about six counts allocated to each.
2. Notice your feet on the ground and the sounds that surround you. Shift your awareness to notice things that surprise and delight, feel vast, or might be a bit unexpected.
3. Take a minute to indulge your senses in one of those things you noticed in #2. What sensations arise for you? What do you hear, see, and feel? For some that might be the soft roll of footsteps or birds chirping by. For others it could be noticing small patterns on a leaf or nearby tree.
4. Shift your focus back to your breath and take a few more inhalations and exhalations on a count of six. Allow any emotions or feelings that surfaced to move through your body. Ask yourself:
- What emotions or sensations showed up for me during this exercise?
- How might I carry this sense of awe and wonder throughout my day?