How It Works
1. Find a friend and schedule 6-10 minutes for your partner meditation.
2. Pick one person to be the speaker and one to be the listener and set a timer for 3 minutes.
During that 3 minute period, the speaker has full reign to respond to the prompt “What is it like to be me?”
The listener isn’t allowed to say anything but can respond through nonverbal communication. It’s important for the listener to hold eye-contact while the speaker is speaking.
3. After the 3 minutes conclude, switch roles and repeat the same exercise.
4. After the exercise, take a minute to reflect by asking:
- What did it feel like to be the listener? How did I listen differently in this context?
- What was it like to be the speaker? How did I feel?
- How might I hold a different space for the speaker and listener roles in my daily activities based on what I’ve just learned?