How It Works
1. Set aside 10-15 minutes and grab your favorite notebook. On a piece of paper, create a scale from 0-Full for each of the following categories: health, love, play and work. 0=nothing really happening here. Full=lots happening here.
2. Then, think through your current state in each of these categories. How much time and energy are you spending on your mental, physical, and spiritual health? On love (e.g., time with friends or loved ones)? On play (e.g., hobbies, creativity)? On work? Rate where you currently fall on this spectrum based on your responses (see image below for an example).
3. Next, consider areas where you might be full versus running on empty.
- Are you comfortable with those discrepancies?
- Are there areas where you might want to make more of a shift in a particular direction?
4. If you have some areas where you might want to make a shift, consider what it would take to make that happen. Keep in mind that the goal may not be to reach 'full' in every single area. At some points in your life different areas will get more attention than others. The key is to decide if the balance you have right now is the right one for you.