How It Works
1. Take 5 minutes at one or two points in your day for an embodiment meditation.
2. During this meditation, close your eyes and take a scan of your body. Work your way up from your toes all the way to the top of your head. Pause in each section and let yourself notice each area. (e.g., What are the sensations in my feet? Are my shoulders relaxed? Where is my front? Where is my back? Am I clenching my jaw?)
Then, without trying to control your body, take note of what it might be telling you. Ask:
- Where might I be feeling tension?
- Where am I intentionally holding myself up?
- When is my breathing shallow or deep?
3. When you complete the meditation ask yourself:
- What new information do I have about how I am feeling?
- Are there certain parts of my day where my body is sensing a change in my emotions?